This is the manageable number of funds in your portfolio. If the number of funds is greater than 18 then it can get difficult for an investor to keep track of what’s going on — professional portfolio managers tend to run at about 50 fund holdings but are on the case 24/7 and have a supporting team. Another problem in holding too many funds is that overlap can occur.
The 8 to 18 fund rule
- 02/01/2019, Bella Caridade-Ferreira
- 06/09/2018, Bella Caridade-Ferreira
- 14/06/2018, Bella Caridade-Ferreira
- 16/01/2018, Bella Caridade-Ferreira
- 04/03/2021, Holly Thomas
- 02/03/2021, Holly Thomas
- 26/02/2021, Bella Caridade-Ferreira
Comments are closed.